Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Dissipating Millions

King Asa got bad news. An army of one million foot soldiers advanced toward his territory. Did he panic, twist his hands, rally his army, or get depressed? I don't know how he reacted physically or emotionally to the news of invasion, but I do know the decisive action he took. He prayed.

"O LORD, no one but you can help the powerless against the mighty! Help us, O LORD our God, for we trust in you alone. It is in your name that we have come against this vast horde. O LORD, you are our God; do not let mere men prevail against you!" (2 Chronicles 14:11).

Asa's prayer for aid against his enemies, gives me courage to call on God to help me. Millions are not surrounding me, terrorizing, but the chores on my list is numbering around 30. My situation is not life threatening either, but the same God who routed millions, can clear a path for me to have some down time, at home, to work hard and achieve order once again.

But, Lord, may I put a few conditions on my request? I don't want to be laid up with any broken bones or entertain flu bugs. I want my car drivable, just in case I need to go to Wal-mart. Oh, and I don't want any of my family to get sick and need me at home. That'd be awful for them to reap a virus because I prayed for deliverance. This list is getting out of hand. I'd best leave it in your hands.

Please be creative in helping me find more ways to get more done at home, so I can declutter the "million" objects in my home. God, I'm imagining the faces of Asa's army when they saw the enemy sprint toward their homeland. Please find it in your heart and will to help me throw out accumulated, unused stuff.

Then, could you put that same victorious look on my face? Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment